Friday, July 29, 2011

CCC Blog #3: Walgreens "Register Rewards"

Friday July 29, 2011

Today's blog topic will be all about Walgreens.
Why dedicate a blog on our couponing site to talking about Walgreens?...Because this place ROCKS when it comes to savings!

Start by browsing their printed ad found in the Sunday paper or in the store. Or, just browse it on the internet...
http://walgreens.shoplocal.com/walgreens/default.aspx?ban=c1_h_wa

Look for the deals marked like this one:

Planters Nuts
$3.99 ea. or 2/$6
Planters Nuts
Planters
SALE
thru Jul 30
• Peanuts, 16 oz.
• Cashews Halves & Pieces, 9.25 oz.
• Mixed, 11.5 oz.
• Flavor Grove Almonds, 6 oz.

REGISTER REWARDS®*

Sale Price 2/$6 - REGISTER REWARDS* Good on Next Purchase $2 = Like Paying 2/$4

*Limit 1 coupon printed per offer. See coupon for exclusions, limitations and expiration.
 
Now, here is how this works:
Find a coupon for the item that is marked in the sales ad as getting "Register Rewards" with the purchase. Use your coupon and further reduce the sales price they have the item listed for. END YOUR TRANSACTION!!! Very important. Tell the cashier that is all you want on that transaction. I "Catalina" coupon will print off of their special printer that the cashier will hand you with you change. THEY JUST GAVE YOU FREE MONEY!!!!
 
Now, if you do what I did when I worked this system a couple of weeks ago you will see. It is a process. It takes a few minutes. IT WORKS!
 
I just happened to be in the store to pick up a prescription. I needed a bottle of shower gel and had found a bottle I liked before and had bought there. It was Suave 2 in 1. Hair and body. It was only $1. That is their regular price and the bottle happened to be a 50% extra  or larger bottle than the normal size, still $1.
 
OK, I see all the other Suave shower gel varieties for a $1. I got excited. You see, my mom was needing some more. So I get one of each. THEN...I walk over to the deodorant isle and see that they had a sale on Mitchum antiperspirant/deodorant. They were on sale 2 for $6. That's a good deal! And (I forgot to have my binder with me:-( there was a 75 cent off coupon I could have used. That would have made them 2 for $5.25. This offer said you get "$4 register rewards with purchase". So...
 
I get 12 sticks of deodorant.
I get 24 bottles of shower gel.
I approach the register.
I tell the cashier to ring up 2 of the deodorants.
I end the transaction and pay.
A coupon prints for $4 that can be used on future purchase.
 
I put 4 bottles of shower gel on the counter.
 
I asked her to ring them up.
 
I ask her to apply my $4 "Register rewards" coupon.
 
I give her 36 cents for tax.
 
I end transaction.
 
I put the next 2 deodorants on the counter.
 
I pay for them and end the transaction.
 
ANOTHER $4 coupon prints.
 
I lay 4 more bottles of shower gel on the counter.
 
She rings them up.
 
I asked her to apply the "Register Rewards" coupon.
 
I give her 36 cents for tax.
 
I did this same thing over and over.
 
Twelve total transactions in a row. THEY WILL DO IT!
 
I walked out with a stash of deodorant and 24 various bottles of Suave shower gel. I made sure and selected every single one of the 50% more size bottles they had too :-)
 
Here is the picture...
 


Now Jaime chose to use her Register Rewards (and she remembered her coupons!) to buy other needed items either on sale or just because. But the key here is to realize they are giving you FREE MONEY!!! You just have to gain the Register rewards and use the Register Rewards in separate transactions.

You may not need deodorant, peanuts, or some of the stuff that gets you the Register Rewards. But chances are you do. It is a great way to build a stock pile. I have more pictures of deals from other places I'll share in future blogs.

I hope this information is helpful. If so, let me know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment